Wednesday 20 November 2013

In the Eyes of a Little Man

In the eyes of a little man...
I see a bleeding heart crying in despair
In the eyes of a little man,
she breaks his bones beyond repair.
In his eyes
an innocent soul wanders..ready to fade
In his eyes,
a thorny rose, withers in a grave

I see her eyes,
black,
red
and somewhat white
she spits and dances..
weary breasts waving
wrinkled emotions gasping for breath.
clean feet sucking...
moving in disorientation  
hardened waist
squeezing through 
tattered cloth
cocked ears
machine neck
dripping juice to the sole of her feet!

In his eyes,
I see myself...wet..on bended knees
In the eyes of a little man,
she curses and stings like a bee
In his eyes
blue trees are crying green leaves,
In his eyes,
life is but a fertile dream.


Do not run away my little man.
for Kwame Nkrumah is on his way.
do not shiver in  trepidation
My boy!
 I will buy you roasted nuts and Plantain!

Black bird whispers in distress
she plays his life on a plastic "fontomfrom"
metallic sticks
dark tunes
distorted wavelength
 raw thick
hands
sweating...
panting
smacking every lip that proclaims her deeds.

i

f
e
e
l

y
o
u
r

Every..........prick!

white wine oozes
from the hole that eats your very soul.

Behold,
I am right behind that paper door.
looking through your mutilated body.
I am not yet dauntless
In your eyes, 
there..
          I cease to live













21 comments:

  1. Is it just me or sexual innuendos run through this piece and yet it isn't what it seems, i should read this more than once.
    What is going on there?
    "Kwame Nkrumah" threw me off a little though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe... am glad. this poem is deeper than it is. its not sexual, trust me... Its about a boy being abused.

      Delete
  2. Eii purple! Which vineyard produces the grapes for that white wine? Purpled consciousness on new levels. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Amma,Jordi,Aku help me out.
    I'd need to read several times to understand.
    Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my love, you need to read it several times... so u can absorb it :D

      Delete
  4. "I feel your every..... prick"

    " white wine oozes
    from the hole that eats your very soul."

    Pause...

    I see what you did there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh?? :)

    This poem seems like two main ideas;one very sexual
    and the other is something else.

    I like this.
    The orientation too is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting observation.. however... its far from sexual. Am glad you like it tho. :)

      Delete
  6. I am quite amazed and excited by the different comments and views on this poem. I believe in art. we all have various ways of interpreting art. I also believe that one doesn't need to understand it to appreciate it. Thanks for taking time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sexual ... the lines are deep, but we still managed to "de-deep" it ... sexual. keep writing, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, this is not sexual oooooo. Ah! I will explain all the stanza's to you. :P. Thanks for the encouragement tho.

      Delete
  8. Well it has all been said. This is a great piece. Great work. Thumbs Up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words are deep, lines are apart and the meaning is delving

    ReplyDelete